Looking for webhosting sites? Use Statsdom cloud computing. Also you can be interested in Chanterelle Info Webhosting.

Author Topic: Hostgator outages? What's wrong with them?  (Read 7864 times)

Ghonts

• View Profile
Hostgator outages? What's wrong with them?
« on: September 09, 2015, 08:29:17 AM »
I have a client who experiences bad experience with Hostgator, here is his post at WHT:
Ok, here's what happened. On August 19, 2015 I noticed that my main website +all websites on addon domains likely hacked into ( I saw some shady mailing script installed that it wasn't there originally) and were deleted, and I that I couldn't log in into the cpanel to check if the backups were available. So, I opened a ticket and 1 hour later Praveen K. answered "Hello, Thank you for contacting HostGator. We have received your request for assistance with your potentially compromised account. An automated scan has been started on your account to obtain more information. Due to the nature of the issue, we ask that no files be changed until we have replied back to this ticket with more details. Please stand by for updates, and let us know if you have questions or concerns regarding your account."

I did have some questions, but, as per Praveen's instructions, I refrained from making any comments and any changes to the files (which weren't there anyway) and let them working on the issue. After two days of total silence on the Hostgator part, on August 21, I couldn't hold it anymore and replied asking if there were any updates. There was still no answer.
Nine days later, On August 30 I sent another reply asking them why I wasn't getting any response from them and that I couldn't log into cpanel. This hasn't been replied to either until now.

I understand that my current shared hosting package is nothing to brag about, but after so many (probably 10 or so) years of positive experience with the company and having had 5-6 different shared hosting accounts with them over the years I would still expect at least a rudimentary level of customer service, particularly that the services have never been free.

I don't know if this downfall should be linked to its acquisition by EIG, but honestly I don't care. My websites were hacked into on the Hostgator's watch and their inability to restore them from a backup and their silence tell me that perhaps there has been no backup done at all and that they are completely phoney and helpless.

I'm out and never coming back.

Oh, and I'm going to make sure everybody I know is warned about Hostgator.
What web hosting providers can you recommend him to look at? Any help, guys?
You will never have anything you don't respect, including lot's of money!

Pots

• View Profile
Re: Hostgator outages? What's wrong with them?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:30:33 AM »
Hostgator is scam and I'd recommend you to transfer your websites to some reliable hosts like keenweb.co.uk and ewallhost.com.
These hosts are proven to be the best in delivering quality hosting services on sweet terms.
Support is active for 24 hours and their servers are well-administrated.
Plans are full-featured and their services are webmaster-friendly.

Ankor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 04:28:21 AM »
I have heard that host was bought by the other owner.

Prosken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 06:07:19 AM »
I can highly recommend Kvchosting.com and their ssd web hosting solutions. They are helpful with file transfer.
Signup for 3 Years plan for Unlimited “C” package and get 2 Years Free. Total of 5 Years. (NEW CUSTOMER Only!) ** Free 2 Years will be added automatically once the account is activated.
"Whoever invented soccer should be worshipped as god".

Hugo Sánchez Márquez (*1958: Mexican football coach and former Real Madrid striker)

Gans

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 08:05:16 AM »
A2hosting.com and Serverlogix.com are good hosts which are able to meet the needs of many IT users. They are perfect for moving your web sites to them.
Support is active for 24 hours.
Pricing policy is simple and flexible.   

techie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 03:52:29 AM »
As an alternative option I'd recommend to use absolutehostings.com. They are offering solid server hosting solutions with low pricing. Support is helpful.

TARTAK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 06:29:08 AM »
Try to contact http://solvps.com/ team of experts, they will find a good fit for your specific requirements.
New customers can get a great discount with coupon BESTVPSOFFER for 25% off for life
"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." - Audrey Hepburn

ConquerorsHaki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 08:35:08 PM »
Yes I have a same problem using hostgator. Right now I have a new hosting which is 3x more reliable with excellent uptime. The host I am talking about is 4Goodhosting.com. My site uptime is perfect 100% so far without any interruption. The pricing they offer is much reasonable compare to hostgator. What I like the most about them is that they provide real 24 hours support and these agents responded to any of my support tickets in just few minutes often with full solution. I am very happy and continue to work with these guys.

JokerJJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 05:50:58 AM »
When i moved on absolutehostings.com, I said to myself that this should be the last host i'll be on..

I'm right, i really liked all things about this decent web hosting provider.. no downtime.
Moreover, it has a nice pricing, and skillful and patient customer support. just a second when the ticket is responded.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’”

– Sydney Harris
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Childs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 04:29:14 AM »
    I know with ViUX.com hosting everything is working perfectly. Support is always ready to assist and armed with knowledge how to protect their servers.

JDHD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 06:29:32 AM »
Check out Vpsnine.com. I have found them to be the best host for support, advice, and pricing out of several hosts I have ever seen before.
Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 06:12:58 AM »
    My preferable option to get reliable hosting services is smart-web-host.com. They have top-notch solutions which provided with high stability for lowest price.