Looking for webhosting sites? Use Statsdom cloud computing. Also you can be interested in Chanterelle Info Webhosting.

Author Topic: What makes a good server?  (Read 9858 times)

maryhaugen

• View Profile
What makes a good server?
« on: September 15, 2017, 01:43:54 AM »
I used to work for a big franchised restaurant chain and we were doing some market research to improve guest satisfaction. This got me excited because I have my opinion of what makes a good server but this was an opportunity to find out what the market research results would show from the following question:
What makes a good server?
Magento 2 extensions
Over a 2 month period of using comment cards and surveys we got back approximately 11,500 total responses from 31 of our locations to this question, and the top 10 answers are as follows (in no particular order).

Smiles
Kindness
Outgoing personality
Attentive
Helpful
Knowledge
Recommends items
Makes us feel comfortable
Makes us feel special
Genuine
Now I would have thought that “friendly” would have hit the top 10 list however when you look at what is there you can see that “friendly” is pretty well indirectly referred to on a few of the different responses.
Magento 2 One Step Checkout
So I’m going to do a quick break down about why I think these were the top 10 answers to the question “What makes a good server?”.

Smile
The simplest gesture and most common form of politeness, when eye contact is made this is when you pull this guy out and wait for the returning smile. Hostesses normally get told to smile just before they pick up the phone because you can hear the smile come through their voice. One smile normally leads to another one :D. Ajax Add to Cart

Kindness
It comes in many forms whether you pull a chair out for a guest, ask how someones day is, open a door for someone, smile (two birds with one stone) the list could go on. It’s these small acts of kindness that can leave a happy feeling with your guest.

Outgoing personality
You don’t need to be the center of the social scene, if you can have a conversation with a stranger comfortably then this is an advantage to you. You just need to be yourself and relax when talking with your tables. Engaging with your guests can help build rapport which in return will increase your tips.

Attentive
Guests love it when you anticipate their needs before they even ask you. For example if you noticed a guests coffee or pop getting low swing on by with another one without them having to ask you. (note that standards and procedures would vary venue to venue). Knowing what is going on with all your tables is a skill.

Helpful
If someone is walking around the restaurant looking lost simply point them in the right direction, if a guests hands are full when they are leaving then open the door for them. This one has benefits much the same as the ones from kindness. Magento 2 XML Sitemap

Knowledge
Knowing the food and drinks menu is one thing, but knowing the region of a wine that a guest has just ordered and telling them a quick story or fact about it is going to show your tables that they are in good hands. You don’t need to overdo it, but being ready with answers to questions which may not be a normally asked is good for both you and your guests.

Recommends items
Everyone has different taste so if a guest asks you what you would recommend or what your favorite dish is there is no wrong answer. This is a question directed at your opinion so if you answer with confidence and let them know why it is you chose that particular item then you can win some brownie points when the dish you recommended was a hit. magexts.com

Makes us feel comfortable
People are in a better mood when they feel secure and comfortable. If you treat every person that walks in the door as if they were a guest in your home, then you will make a lot more money than someone who treats their guests like strangers who are eating at a restaurant they work in.

Makes us feel special
When people think they are getting better treatment than those around them it makes them feel great. If you can master the art of making each and every table you serve feel special you can increase your average tips and the general mood of your section will be uplifting for you.

Genuine
Don’t lie, be honest and genuine with your tables. People prefer to hear you say “Sorry I dropped your meal while I was bringing it out” and not “It shouldn’t be too much longer, they’re working on it now” or “The kitchen screwed up”. We are human and we make mistakes and people are understanding of that. It shows respect when you are being genuine, and put yourself in their shoes, wouldn’t you want someone to be honest with you?

So there’s some insight for you on what makes a good server, straight from the communities mouth. Hopefully this can give you a better idea on what it is you need to do for others to help make you a better server.

Have a super day everyone.

maxbaas

• View Profile
    • Dedicated servers in Europe
Re: What makes a good server?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:52:23 AM »
You have a restaurant network, basically your company is far from IT, so in your case the better way will be searching for an IT company with outsourcing services to support Magento CMS. If you will signup for an unmanaged dedicated server it will be rather big problem to maintain the bare-metal server without system administrators, but in case you choice managed services the profit is clearly presents.
European Networks
www.en.ee

Akshay_M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 08:00:17 AM »
There are so many web server softwares available now. From that, Apache web server, Nginx web server and Apache Tomcat etc…are good web servers.

I prefer you to use Apache web server because it can be easily installed and supported on all Operating Systems like Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows etc . It is also an open source software and is more stable. You can add and modify modules according to your needs.

Jackleo7878

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:05:57 AM »
Thanks for sharing the valuable details of server.

Wilsonjacob45

• Wilson Jacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 06:20:02 AM »
There is much software available now. I'd love to say to you shared an excellent answer about the server. :)
eukhost - A Leading Web Hosting Provider
█ Affordable Services | 24x7 Pro Support
cPanel Web Hosting | VPS Hosting UK | Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Hosting

etechsupport

• Technical Support
    • View Profile
    • Technical Support Company
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 06:22:31 AM »
The very nice answer regarding the server, I appreciate you 
Technical Support - eTechSupport.net
24x7 Server Management Blog
▌Outsourced Web Hosting Support
▌Database Administration
▌Live Support

Daniel165

• Daniel Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 01:43:08 AM »
There are sevral Web Server Software available on the web. I will preferto use Nigex is one of the best web server.