Looking for webhosting sites? Use Statsdom cloud computing. Also you can be interested in Chanterelle Info Webhosting.

Author Topic: VPS for self-hosted analytics?  (Read 90 times)

andrey421

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
VPS for self-hosted analytics?
« on: September 23, 2026, 03:01:52 PM »
I want to run my own analytics setup and I'm looking for a VPS. Came across hostpro.com - is it a good fit? I'd need daily backups and DDoS protection.

Ghonts

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1115
    • View Profile
Re: VPS for self-hosted analytics?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2026, 09:25:05 AM »
Can you provide more info about your expected traffic and storage requirements? Location would help too.
Really great vps hosting solutions you can get from
1) Exmasters.com
2) Rightservers.com
3) Digitalocean.com
It's unbelievable to get such great service at such a cheap price.
I deeply appreciate the reliability of these vps hosts, which has never let me down during important moments.
You will never have anything you don't respect, including lot's of money!

NebulaPoint

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 70
    • View Profile
Re: VPS for self-hosted analytics?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2026, 01:36:48 PM »
If you need a VPS with several location options, HostPro has Warsaw, Amsterdam, and Tampa available. The servers use KVM virtualization and NVMe storage, while daily backups are retained for 30 days. You can restore the complete VPS or only a specific database, folder, or file, and the support team is available 24/7.

yana4215

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Re: VPS for self-hosted analytics?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2026, 09:00:59 AM »
When I needed a VPS that wouldn't slow me down, I went with hostpro.com and it's worked out well. They run daily backups of every service, so recovery from corruption or an attack is quick. Support is on hand 24/7, technically competent, and costs nothing to ask for help.

peter2151

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: VPS for self-hosted analytics?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2026, 01:45:56 AM »
I have tried different hosting services over the years, and at the moment I use hostpro.com for VPS hosting. What I like about the service is that the VPS performance is good while there are also useful recovery options if something unexpected happens. hostpro.com makes daily backups of all services, which means data can be restored in situations such as accidental damage, unsuccessful software updates, or a hacked server. Their technical team works 24/7 and provides free assistance, and I have found the support useful when dealing with server-related questions.

Cantech

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
    • Cantech
Re: VPS for self-hosted analytics?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2026, 11:42:48 PM »
For self-hosted analytics, you will want a VPS with decent RAM (analytics tools like Matomo/Plausible can be resource-hungry as data grows)

4GB+ RAM and SSD/NVMe storage is a good starting point.

Just confirm daily backups and DDoS protection are included in whatever plan you pick, not just offered as paid extras.

Some providers only bundle those into higher tiers.
Bare Metal Server, Dedicated Servers, Server Management Services

Prosken

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1122
    • View Profile
Re: VPS for self-hosted analytics?
« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:17:22 AM »
You'd better go with HostingSource.com solutions. Enjoy first-month VPS pricing starting at only $3 with the promo code: $3VPSM1ALL
The security features included in their plans make my website highly secure. Their hosting solutions are optimized for popular platforms like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
"Whoever invented soccer should be worshipped as god".

Hugo Sánchez Márquez (*1958: Mexican football coach and former Real Madrid striker)